Friday morning I drove from Northern Virginia to Wilmington Delaware to meet with several leaders within the Fellowship of Christian Athletes in the Eastern Region. We discussed the growing ministry and looked at how much God is doing through this vital sports ministry. Literally 1000's of athletes and coaches are being helped and impacted every week. We ended in a time of prayer,celebrating God's faithfulness.
I then traveled back to Northern Virginia to do the chapel for the George Mason University Football team. I had one of the local youth pastors come and share his testimony. There has been a strong impact on this team including the coaches. It's hard to stand on the sidelines and not be in the action, even at my age!
After Chapel was finished I drove to the Metro station and took the subway into Washington DC to be at the Washington Wizards vs. the New York Knicks Pro basketball game. Twice a year we host a FCA rally after the game. The game was a thriller and the Wizards prevailed. After the game over 500 fans came to the outreach. We played a few games on the court. Gave some FCA gear away. We had a former NBA player share for a few minutes.
I got back on the Metro and then made my way home after midnight. All in a day's work!
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment