Monday, July 28, 2008
I was at a Baseball Camp today. One of the coaches was working with the kids on the subject of Integrity. He taught that integrity was something about one's values. He was only scratching the surface. Integrity has to do with the melding or cohesiveness of the internal and the external life. It's about setting in motion the practice of honesty, truthfulness, honor, authenticity, reliability. It is soundness or completeness all the way through and through. God speaks of integrity as the one thing that guides and guards one in the path of life. Jesus modeled integrity perfectly. There was nothing shady, dark, impure, or questionable in his speech and actions. I like integrity. It will hold you up. It is a firm foundation, a strong wall, a guiding light on the dark seas, a secure path to walk. It always leads you safely home to God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
When I think of integrity I think of the mathematical term, integer (which is where the work integrity comes from). An integer is a whole number. It has no decimal places, fractions or remainders. For a person, integrity has to do with that little bit that I'm hiding or adding on in order to give the perception that I someone other than who I am.
An example of something that doesn't have integrity is gas prices. You know how at gas pumps, the price always has a third decimal place? The idea is to make the consumer think gas cost 3.99 a gallon when really it costs 3.999 a gallon which is only one-hundredth of a penny less than $4.00. The worst part is that that last nine is always considerably smaller than the other digits. That's not integrity.
josh
Post a Comment